Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Saturday 29 May 2021

Follow-Me Blog: Come With Me To Get My Hair Dyed, Extensions Fitted & Brows Done | Post Lock Down Glow Up!!!

Hey queens! How are you all? In today's post I am going to be doing one of my old favourites to write which is a follow-me blog post. I had annual leave last Thursday and Friday and decided to treat myself to getting my hair and eyebrows done. The last time I had my hair and brows done was LAST YEAR! So on Thursday, I headed to a beautiful salon to meet Louise to have a full head of foils done and a toner, cut and blowdry. Followed by getting my extensions refitted by Emily Jane Hair on Friday and then getting my eyebrows done by Jordan in the afternoon. So, want to see the transformation and glow up which was very much needed? Just keep on reading and I just wanted to say thank you for all the love and support it truly means the world to me!

So like many of us we were very overdue our hair appointments and I think my roots were the longest they have ever been. I'll share the before and afters of my hair below so you can see the transformation! The salon was super pretty and Louise did a fantastic job - she is extremely talented with her colouring and was super lovely and made me feel so welcome! We did not cut the ends of my hair much or go for a blunt cut (which you know is usually my go to) but I knew the following day I would be getting my extensions back in so we left it ready for them to blend better.


I am so pleased with the colour and then on Friday, I went to visit Emily Jane Hair to have my Remi Cahet extensions put back in, you may remember from my post back in November which you can read here that is when I had my extensions for the first time! I only had them around 8 weeks before I had to take them out again, and it was something I had on my goal board to treat myself to for the longest time and I really enjoyed them so it was the best feeling ever having them back again. From the moment salons were told they could reopen on April 12th I put my dates in my diary ASAP and also downloaded a countdown app to watch the weeks go by ready for my hair appointments. It was so nice, after so long to have something as lovely as getting your hair done to count down too! Their salon is also so stunning, I did a reel on my Instagram if you want to see and I've tagged both salons and the two gorgeous very talented ladies that did my hair glow up for me!! Click here to follow me on Instagram and you can check out my hair reel and be sure to sure their pages love too. I loved making it and I'm also very grateful for Lou and Em for filming the hair clips for me! If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out to me on instagram @emmapavier or comment below!



I posted this picture on my Instagram last Friday to do my hair reveal and you guys all sent me the loveliest messages ever - thank you so much!! It was definitely worth the wait! And a few hours after I took this photo I headed over to visit Jordan to have my brows done - she has done them once before, and then we went back into lockdown so I went quite a long time without her incredible talent and skills to sort and shape my brows, however during this time I continued to use the brow soaps I was kindly gifted from Marie - more information on these can be found here if you read my blog post where I tried the brow soaps for the first time and gave you my first impressions you'll know that I absolutely loved the look and style - very similar to brow lamination and it was effortless during lockdown I am very grateful and glad to have had the brow soaps in my life for those months and still would highly recommend them if you're looking to try something new with your brows. However, I was super pleased to book back in with Jord for HD brows again. I actually had some questions from friends asking if it was painful, now I have never been good with getting my brows done, I remember my Mum taking me into a local shop to have them threaded. And, let's just say. Never again! I left with one eyebrow done because I was in so much pain haha. And, one time, my brother Josh decided to pluck my eyebrows (he learnt this from his girlfriend apparently) and he actually plucked HALF... yes HALF OF MY EYEBROW off! This wouldn't of been so bad if I was not going on holiday with my bestfriend the week after and did not know how to use an eyebrow pencil or pomade so I actually went around with HALF an eyebrow and one full eyebrow. *CRINGING AT MYSELF* So, I guess I've never had much luck when it comes to getting my eyebrows done. However, when I saw Make Up by Jord's work on Instagram I knew I would be happy with the outcome of my brows. I did not find it painful at all - and the end result was amazing I explained at my first appointment how I liked my brows, and then let her do her thing. She shaped my brows so nicely - a really perfect arch and tinted them. She knows I like to fill in my brows usually and she got them perfect for me! Thank you so much lovely I absolutely love them, and it is true - brows really do shape your face! I now LOVE getting my brows done and the finished result was amazing!! Highly recommend her if you're local.


So here are the best photo's I have got from of my new brows so far... what do we think?! I am really really pleased with them and they also make applying my make-up so much quicker and easier now as I used to really struggle to fill in my eyebrows so now I don't need to worry! I will be booking in again with Jordan to have them done as I love how well they frame your face and how good they look. What do you all get done to your brows, there are so many options now aren't there? Brow lamination, HD brows, microblading etc. I'd love to hear what you get done and what your recommendations are. Feel free to share them in the comments below, or again connect with me on Instagram!



So there we have it, my post lock down glow up - hair and brows!! I really enjoyed these two days and finally started to feel like me again. A little bit of self love and self care is important from time to time. It is so easy to get caught up in everyday, being super busy and not switching off. I have worked throughout the whole of the pandemic, and had a not really taken much time off - but after having a couple of days off last week I am certainly going to use my leave more to take time to do things I love! See family, see friends, go out for meals, day trips etc. Remember to take care of you. Sending love always throughout these times and I have LOVED seeing everyone else's glow ups!!! If you have not had your appointments yet, I hope you feel as amazing as I did after mine and enjoy this time to build up the excitement ahead of your appointment. You will love it and I am excited for all of you as I loved getting glam myself. Please give me a follow and connect with me over on Instagram @emmapavier so I can show love on your pictures too and get to know you more! 

Take Care & Stay Safe.

Love Em oxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig