Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Monday 18 January 2021

Best Products Of 2020 - Beauty, Skincare & Haircare | My Favourites

Hello my loves, I hope you are all well and staying safe. This is my first blog post of 2021... so before we get started I want to wish a Happy New Year to you all - sending everyone so much love in these current times. I hope you enjoy my first post of the new year and enjoy taking some time with a cuppa, some biscuits and a little chill-out time to read this post and catch-up with me. This year I will be doing two blog posts each month, and if you have any recommendations you'd like me to write about then please let me know in the comments. I asked over on my Instagram if you'd like to see me doing a tanning series this year where I review/give my first impressions of tans you want me to try! And possibly mascaras/foundations too - like a little beauty edition? Do let me know if you'd be interested! I always like reading other people's reviews to see if I want to purchase myself! A blog post I love to read at the start of a new year is a Best Of  post which covers that persons favourite beauty, skincare and haircare products that they've tried and if they make it into their yearly favourites... you know it's worth it. Now, a big trend on Youtube a few years ago (and probably still is now, I just don't watch them each month) is a monthly favourites, but I always loved the YEARLY favourites more as those are their absolute holy-grail products. The creme de la creme - must have products that they cannot be without! And I've decided to give it a whirl at doing this post myself and tell you my STANDOUT favourites of 2020. Hope you enjoy...

Beauty Favourites - 

There were a handful of beauty products that I tried in 2020 that I honestly COULD NOT be without in my make-up routine now and I would continue to repurchase time and time again. First up, foundation favourite is Mac Studio Fix Fluid - I have been using an old favourite for the whole year (partly because we've been in lockdown and I haven't been able to get matched in a new foundation but I have a few foundations I'm looking to try this year) This foundation gives a really good medium-full buildable coverage and I love the finish. Next up, powder - my favourite is the HNB Cosmetics Soft Loose Focus Powder - I have two shades; fair and translucent and I use them to set my foundation and also fair underneath my eyes to brighten! They are PHENOMENAL and the BEST powders ever!!! I honestly cannot recommend them enough and they are only £13.50! The coverage is brilliant and the packaging is beautiful too, I tried them after watching Holly Boon's makeup tutorials and always wondering about her flawless under eyes and when she released these powders i just knew I had to try them! I haven't really discovered a 'best' concealer this year, although the one I have been using is from Maybelline - but I would still like something with a bit more coverage - so open to your suggestions please for concealer recommendations! Now... bronzer is something I have a firm favourite of in 2020 (and will repurchase when I run out) - NARS Laguna Bronzer - yes, yes yes this bronzer is SO WORTH the money. The best bronzer I have personally tried to date, the colour pay off is amazing and it looks great! This past year I have found a love for blusher and my favourite one is the Mac Peaches Blusher. I will absolutely be repurchasing that when I run out... although I have never ran out of a blusher before, I swear it lasts forever? haha! And lastly let's cover eye products and lip products. The eyebrow product which is my favourite is - Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - and it is really good. I know it will last for a long time, and it's the first brow pomade I've tried and much prefer it over eyebrow pencils now I feel it's a lot more natural! So the eyeshadow palette I have got the most use out of in 2020 is such an oldie... but a goodie - the Naked Original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette - I just don't think you can go wrong with Urban Decay eyeshadows - I love the netural tones and it's perfect for everyday, let's face it I have not been doing any glam eye looks this past year with lockdown. And for mascara, a firm favourite that has stood out to me is the Benefit They're Real! I know it's not a new mascara, but I just really like it. And it makes my lashes look SO long, full and voluminous - I have also worn a few pairs of false lashes this year and loved them too. So my favourite falsies are - BPerfect Cosmetics x Jac Jossa in the style 'Queen' and the HNB Cosmetics lashes in the style 'That B*tch' - what are your favourite lashes? Okay and last but NOT least the game changing products for me this year has been a lip combo which I brought from Mac Cosmetics and I just love it! You know when you try something and it just goes together so well and suits you, well that is this lip combo for me! So firstly... my favourite lipliner is by Mac in shade Oak and my favourite lipstick is by Mac in Blankety and I love them both together - so if you're wondering about my lip combo... it's that!

Skincare Favourites - 

I have tried and tested a few BodyShop skincare products this past year and I'm really liking them. I am loving the Vitamin E range - specifically the toner and moisturiser and have noticed my skin is now a lot clearer and brighter since using them. I've also been LOVING their Drops of Youth Liquid Peel which is such a good exfoliator! Another favourite I have been loving is called Instant Youth eye cream (Mum and I both LOVE this product and it is one from the range I share and recommend) which is great at reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - it's amazing! The other really fab skincare product I discovered this year, was actually a lipbalm... I guess that counts for skincare right? It's the Dr. PAWPAW lipbalm it's so moisturising! I have also been loving the Rose and Caramel Purity Excel bubble bath/shower gel/scrub this past year for removing tan and exfoliating my skin and it is the only product I've tried that truly takes ALL tan off!! That's been the stand out skincare products for me in 2020, I was getting the monthly Glossybox subscription boxes so was able to try lot's of different skincare products and a few were really good but that's my top picks for 2020. I am wanting to try new products this year so any recommendations feel free to share in the comments below and let me know your favourites!

Haircare Favourites - 

So pre-November 2020 and my Remi-Cachet weave extensions (which I have now removed due to lockdown... long hair/glowup pending!) I was using mainly HASK hair masks and shampoo/conditioner and the BedHead shampoo/conditioner which smells amazing and also feels really good for your hair. And then, for heat protection spray I have been loving the V05 Heat Protect Styling Spray! I have also got a few hair tool favourites to share, and then I'll run through the haircare products that I have been using whilst I had my extensions in. So for hair tools - straighteners my favourite are, and probably always will be GHD! And the hair curlers I have been loving are - Mark Hill Pick n Mix Curling Wand which is so easy for styling and I love love love the curls! It's also really affordable and I got it for Christmas 2 years ago now and it's still in perfect condition and I now like mixing up between hair up styles, having my hair down and straight and then also having bouncy/beachy curls. And lastly whilst I had my weave in, and as soon as I can get it back I use the EJH range which is the range from who did my extensions (if you want to read my blog post about getting my hair done you can do here) are - EJH range - shampoo and conditioner, argan oil hair serum and ocean mist spray! I also really want to try their shine spray when I get my weave back! So that is a run through of my favourite haircare products that I've tried. If you have any that you have LOVED this year... let me know below!

Thank you so much for reading - hope you enjoyed my 2020 favourites.

Speak soon,

Love Em oox

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig