Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Monday 1 March 2021

We tried WEIRD food combinations that people love!! *I was almost sick*

Hey angels!! Welcome back to another blog post. This one I am super excited for as it's totally different to any other blog post I've done before - it's a trend going around on Youtube at the moment called which is basically where you ask your followers for their weird food combinations that they love for you to try. I've absolutely loved watching them and wanted to try some of your favourites too. I'm such a fussy eater so this was fun as some food combinations I have NEVER even heard of before! So let's find out how many of them Mum and I actually liked... and which ones we won't have again. If you want to watch our reactions to trying these food combinations follow me on IG & view my story @emmapavier - hope you enjoy and if you'd like to see a PART 2 of this let me know and leave your food combinations in the comments below and we can try them also! A huge thank you to all my lovely followers over on Instagram that sent them in <3

FOOD COMBINATION NO.1 - MILKSHAKE & CHIPS

Would you try it again? No
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT) - 4/10

Okay so this one was sent in by one of my followers however I had heard and seen people trying this before but it never appealed to me. I went to McDonald's and ordered a strawberry milkshake, which can you believe I've never had before? Nor a big mac which always shocks people haha. So verdict... would I have it again? No I don't think so I wasn't a huge lover. But it didn't taste awful!!! Have you tried milkshake and chips before? If so, did you love or hate it?

FOOD COMBINATION NO.2 - DRIED APRICOT AND CHEESE

Would you try it again? Yes
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT) - 5/10

This one I was really intrigued to try as I had never heard of this combination before. I love cheese, but have never tried apricots before. Believe me when I say I'm fussy! I like the same foods and very rarely try any new foods so this has been a good post for me to do! I found the cheese definetly overpowered the taste of the apricots and they were really hard which made it quite tough to eat - but overall it wasn't the worst! I would try it again!

FOOD COMBINATION NO.3 - QUAVERS WRAPPED AROUND A SAUSAGE ROLL

Would you try it again? Yes
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT!) - 9/10

Okay... now we're talking!! Thank you so much Char for sending this one in as Mum and I absolutely loved it and I think this was our favourite... there is one other that was close. This is such a good combination and I highly recommend you trying it too and letting us know what you think. It was so tasty and honestly the taste of both just went so well together. LOVE!!!


FOOD COMBINATION NO.4 - STAWBERRY SANDWICH

Would you try it again? Yes
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT!) 5/10

This combination was sent in by my good friend Kirsty - she said she loves this and often has it for breakfast. The funniest thing was me replying "so strawberry jam sandwiches?" which was TOTALLY WRONG - she meant strawberries cut up in a sandwich with butter and sugar. Now, this combination I was sceptical to try but thought it wouldn't taste much different to a jam sandwich so I would probably like it. I did like it - but I don't think I'd reach for it again, but I would definitely try it again to see if I liked it more? Have you tried this before? And if not... would you give it a go? And I'm also curious at the end of the post to see which one you are going to try from reading this post! (if any haha)

FOOD COMBINATION NO. 5 - ICE CREAM AND CHIPS

Would you try it again? Yes
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT!) - 7/10

Another one to try which SO many of you recommended. Again, I think this is a well known food combination that lot's of people love - that mixture of sweet & salty! I actually really enjoyed this... although it felt very strange dipping a chip into ice cream haha. Do you like this? Have you tried it... or are you now going to give it ago? As even if you don't like it you can still enjoy them both separate. Ps. the flake mcflurry tastes amazing!


FOOD COMBINATIONS NO. 6 - CORNED BEEF SANDWICH WITH SALT AND VINEGAR CRISPS

Would you try it again? NO NO NO. NEVER!!!!
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT) 1/10

I'm pretty sure JUST from reading my rating that you can gather I disliked this one so much! I have never tried or heard of corned beef before and when I saw it came in a tin I felt sick! I don't know why something about it sounds so strange?! So, I brought the corned beef in the packet which I think was slightly better haha! I really really really hated the smell and the taste of this and was HOPING that the salt and vinegar crisps would bring some flavour. Ummm, did it? No. Although that being said we shared half a sandwich so only had about one crisp in each so maybe I would of preferred it a *little* more with more crisps! 

FOOD COMBINATION NO. 7 - WOTSITS AND GALAXY CHOCOLATE TOGETHER

Would you try it again? Yes
Rate it out of 10 (10 being LOVED IT!) 8/10

A huge thank you to Sheriden for this recommendation as I would NEVER of thought to put chocolate and crisps together, especially this combination but WOW. It tasted insane! My Mum loved it too... and you have to check out my story for the reactions as my Mum was really unsure at first and even done an introduction like we were on a TV show for you all to see this one which made everyone laugh!! A surprise... wotsits on galaxy & her first words were "A FURRY WOTSIT?" haha... but actually it wasn't bad at all and we finished it!


Thank you so much for reading!! I really hope you enjoyed this post and if you would like us to do a part 2 just let me know and be sure to follow me on Instagram also so you can get involved on my stories when I ask for suggestions and your weird food combinations to try. If you go ahead and try any of these do let me know also and which one it will be!!

Speak soon.

Love Em oxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig