Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Monday 16 November 2020

BPerfect Cosmetics x Jac Jossa 1 Hour Express Mousse Tan Review & First Impressions

Hi everyone, hope you are all well! I recently decided to try out a new tan since I got my hair extensions a few weeks ago I have been searching for a fast developing tan so I didn't need to sleep with it on overnight and ensure no tan went onto my new hair (something I've noticed in the past as when your asleep your hair can fall down and go onto your tan.) So the one I found that sounded really good was by a brand called BPerfect Cosmetics and it is in collaboration with Jac Jossa. Initially, I liked the fact that this was a 1 hour express mousse, but the more I looked into it I also found out it is also baby powder scented which sounded amazing, I was sold and just had to try it as I really dislike the smell of tanning and baby powder is a fresh scent! I asked on my Instagram @emmapavier give me a follow if you don't already - if you would like to see me review this and you all said YES!!! This is the second tan I have tried this year as I have been using another for the past year but the only reason I wanted to try this is due to the fact it develops so quickly and will now work better for me I still absolutely love the other tan and highly recommend it - check my previous blog posts for reviews and before/after photo's but for now, let's go into more detail about the BPerfect Cosmetic x Jac Jossa tan... Hope you enjoy!

Okay, so firstly... let's talk about the packaging as that's what you see initially. I love the fact that this tan comes in boxed packaging as I never really know where to leave my tan, do you? When it's just in the bottle I worry that if I store it away in one of my drawer organisers it may leak - so the fact I can put it back in the box was a big win for me! The design of this tan bottle/box is beautiful and really does feel like a luxury product - I would say due to the packaging, this would make a fab Christmas present, yes I've said Christmas but let's be honest it is fast approaching!

Next up... what is the benefits of this tan? So as we already know this is a 1 hour express mousse. I am a huge fan of tanning mousse's - so was pleased this one was the same. It says it also has skin nourishing aloe vera and green tea extracts, with moisturising vitamins A & E. Sounds fab! Now I do have to agree, this tan does feel extremely moisturising on the skin (once I have exfoliated my tan off I do apply moisturiser onto dry areas - hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) and then I just applied the tan onto my mitt and applied it, I loved that it showed you the base colour it will go so it's clear to see if you have missed any areas when you are tanning (I've done that before on my arm #tanningfails) it also says at the bottom of the box and on the bottle instructions on how long to leave the tan on for - depending on the tan that is your preference - so it says leave for 1 hour for med/dark, 1-4 hours for dark and 4-8 hours for ultra dark. I left mine on for 5 hours on Wednesday afternoon and then showered it off later that evening and I'm really happy with the tan! It is also baby powder scented. It also says that it's suitable for all skin types, hyper colour performance, lasts for 3-5 days, moisturises and hydrates skin and is PTA approved.

Thoughts on the price and would you buy it again? The tan was £19.95 which I personally think is a great price for a good quality tan, you get 200ml of product aswell! I have tried so many tans over the last few years some below £10 and others more around the £15-£20 mark. And to answer the most asked question, "would you buy this tan again" I would buy this again yes. It really is good! I love the packaging, and the quality of the tan really has impressed me so... what's not to love?!

So... what are my first impressions & before and afters... 

I have shared some before and afters of me using this tan below. I applied the tan on Wednesday and left it to develop for 5 hours before rinsing off in the shower. So, application wise - the packaging says "easy to apply, develops to a natural looking tan and lightly scented" and for me, tick tick tick. It really does all three of those. The tan I simply applied using a mitt in circular motions and it dried quickly. I have found this to be the fastest absorbing tan I have tried so far, my skin didn't feel sticky!! The lightly scented applies to the baby powder scent which was actually quite refreshing for a tan. And, it passed the Mum test as she said the tan smelt lovely and no tan marks on the bed sheets... RESULT!!!! No fake tan smell over here anymore. I love that it can develop within an hour, but personally I wanted a dark tan so left it for 5 hours which worked perfectly for me as I could keep my hair away and still wash it off in the evening. I loved it instantly, and it really is a natural looking tan. So congrats Jac Jossa & BPerfect Cosmetics for this incredible tan - I'm very pleased I tried it. I am on day 5 and my tan is still looking good - no patchiness, the only area where it has started to fade (and faded away nicely - which is important to me I don't want tiger bread looking tan) is around my hands/wrist as we are washing our hands so much more. Other than that I think personally for me I could get 7 days out of the tan before using a tan remover and reapplying again. Let me know what you think of the tan!


Have you tried this tan, if so what are your thoughts?
What is the BEST tan you have ever tried? Let me know in the comments below...

Speak soon - my upcoming blog posts are a Glossybox December Unboxing & First Impressions and the start of our trio Christmas Gift Guides - gifts under £20, gifts for her and gifts for him! Plus the Glossybox Advent Calendar Unboxing and IS IT WORTH THE MONEY? So much content coming your way over the upcoming weeks. I hope you are all looking forward to the posts!

Love Em oxo


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig