Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Thursday 12 November 2020

AUTUMN/WINTER POST LOCKDOWN OUTFIT IDEAS & LOOKBOOK 2020 | A/W STYLE

Hello everyone! I hope you are all well and staying safe - I'm sending you all lots of love and positive vibes after the news we had in the UK recently of a second lockdown. I have put together a little A/W styling outfit lookbook for you all sharing the outfits I've been loving! I've been exploring and experimenting more with fashion over the last couple of months and the last lookbook I did you all loved - so hopefully you do enjoy this one too as I think I've found some amazing pieces and some staple items which you can definitely re-wear and switch up to create different looks.

There are SO many different trends each season, which I personally find quite overwhelming to keep up with and I never really have been one to have all of the 'on trend' fashion items. However this A/W there has been a few pieces which I think will remain in season/fashion for many years too come, so was worth adding to my wardrobe (and let's be honest - if we like something, it makes us feel confident and we feel good in it - there is no expiry date to the outfit in my eyes!) I'm going to list some of the trends I am loving so far this Autumn and Winter and then show you how I'll style them - long coats, neutral shades for tops and trousers, knitted dresses, aviator jackets, biker boots, blazers and long knitted tops, vests & cardigans.


The first item I absolutely love is this dress from Pretty Little Thing. It is long sleeve so perfect for those cooler A/W evenings if you pair with a scarf and a nice warm coat. I would personally wear a tan/beige long lined coat with this outfit and heels. Such a pretty outfit and so easy to dress up/down. I will attach my 21 buttons link here so you can shop this outfit if you would like too - such a good price as well and again, you could re-wear this dress and style it up differently with boots/trainers and a leather jacket for a more dress downed look. Do you like this outfit?


Next up we have something which is definetly 'on trend' this season, and something I never thought I would go for but... I'm really surprised, I actually love it. The dress and the jumper dress vest are again both from PrettyLittleThing and I got the dress in a size 12 which fits really well and it certainly is like an oversized dress - paired with the khaki vest - originally I wanted the grey, but it was sold out. These jumper knitted vests are SO hard to find at the moment, and are selling out so quickly - the one which I first saw which made me love this trend was actually from H&M and I saw so many people wearing it and they looked amazing. I got my vest jumper dress in a size medium, and I would actually suggest going for your normal size as I went up a size and have to pair with a belt and scrunch up a little so you can see the dress underneath! I'll definitely be buying some more in a size small to style up! Have you tried this fashion trend yet?


Okay so just to show you how I would style that beautiful dress from PrettyLittleThing - I would pair it with this camel coat which believe it or not, I actually brought last year from George ASDA. I've found some really nice outfit pieces (especially PJ's and slippers) in supermarket stores - so they are always worth having a look around as I know many others have found good pieces there! One of my favourite pairs of jeans, which I actually owned in every colour were SO AFFORDABLE and actually from the F&F range in Tesco. Have you ever found some good fashion items in a supermarket? Please share them below as I know we would all love to hear eachother's finds/good buys...


These style of tops I am in LOVE with this A/W - they are really inexpensive too and are from Newlook only costing £12.99. I have the black and beige ones with ribbed detailing. They are really warm and cosy, long sleeve but cropped too - which is adjustable and you tie in a bow. You can again, dress this outfit up with a skirt, nice trousers, jeans and heels and a nice coat or jacket or dress it down with joggers, jeans or trainers. I love the v neck I think these style of tops look really pretty and the bow knot detailing too around the waist. I would highly recommend these tops as they are just so easy to create a jeans and nice top combo - looking cute and stylish without going to so much effort with your outfit. The jeans I'm wearing are also from Matalan I discovered their jeans a few weeks ago and just thought they were such a good fit and mentioned them over on my IG stories and so many of you went out to get them too as they are just so good. Be sure to follow me on Instagram as I'm active on there so much @emmapavier. 


Next up we have the ultimate jeans and nice top combination. This is just an essential outfit we all need in our wardrobe, right?! I came across these tops on PrettyLittleThing and instantly fell in love with them and thought they would be perfect to pair with jeans. This would be a lovely outfit for a day shopping followed by lunch and maybe some cocktails, or even a date night outfit. The jeans are from Matalan - which is my current favourite shop to buy jeans from at the moment. These are the April ankle grazer styled jeans and... they were also really affordable at only £16!!!


The next outfit I am loving for A/W is inspired by Chloe Aidar - I follow her on Instagram and absolutely love her page for outfit inspiration and when I shared this look on my PLT haul on my Instagram stories she actually reshared me too!! How lovely - she has worn similar styled dresses like this before paired with boots and a leather jacket and I always loved how the outfit looked. I already had the boots and leather jacket in my wardrobe so the only thing I needed was the dress. This styled dress is a jersey split cami midi dress! I also paired this with a belt I had already too from Primark, and then this bag I recently brought from Matalan (just before lockdown 2.0) and I am obsessed with it - helps to accessorise the outfit! This is an outfit I would wear for a day out shopping too - simple, comfy yet still stylish and I just wore my hair in a bun aswell - something I don't often do. What is your favourite hairstyle?



Okay so another favourite outfit for me in A/W is layering basics! This whole outfit is from Primark and when I did a little Primark haul on my stories a few weeks ago this was actually your favourite!! I've got one of their basic cami tops and leggings paired with this super cosy, warm cardigan. I added these block heels (which are from Primark too - got them a few months ago now in Summer) and I really loved how this looked. However, you can also dress this down and add a pair of trainer and switch the cardi over for a hoodie depending the look you want to go for! 


I'm always super nervous about buying dresses as I'm never sure on the sizes or if it'll suit me. However, I was looking for some nice dresses to feature as part of this A/W lookbook an I think I've found the perfect one. You could wear this with boots, nice tights and a coat if it was super cold or without tights like I did when I wore this a few weeks ago out for dinner, the dress material is actually so warm anyway or if you didn't wear it with tights you could opt for those knee high boots. I have been looking for a pair of knee high boots for ages, but not sure which would be best, but I saw a Fashion blogger I follow on Instagram, @emilylucyrajch do a Youtube Misspap haul showing a pair which are adjustable with a tie detailing so I'm definetly going to pick up a pair!


This outfit is quite possibly my favourite out of all the looks I've shown. The top and the jeans are both from PrettyLittleThing. I absoutley love this crop top I think the detailing is beautiful, and these stone biker coated skinny jeans are unlike any I've ever owned before and I love the fit and how they look. These are going to be a staple piece in my A/W wardrobe - and I think you could actually wear these in the Summer too, they are super comfy and look beautiful!! I had so many compliments in person when I wore this outfit and also on my Instagram photo. The detailing on these jeans are amazing too.


Coats are always in during A/W and I find myself buying a new one each year! However, I have not yet this year - but there is still time. How fast does time go, can't believe it's November already! I believe it was about this time last year I brought this teddy coat from H&M - a store I always find myself shopping in during these seasons as I feel their outfits are always so good! I remember doing a poll on IG to see if I should get this as I was so undecided if teddy coats would suit me, but oh my, am I glad I got it now. It is the ultimate cosy coat for long walks or even just to throw on over your outfit when the weather starts getting cooler. I wore mine at the weekend for a walk and it was perfect!


The last jacket which I brought that is on trend this season is an Aviator jacket. I got mine from PrettyLittleThing in a size medium and it's perfect as there is enough room to wear a hoodie with it as well. The jacket is amazing quality and I am so glad I got one now as I know i'll get so much use out of it and even if it isn't 'on trend' next A/W I will still be wearing it as it's sooo warm!


And last, but certainly not least... a lockdown and A/W essential is COSY but CUTE pjs!! These were so affordable too.. just £14 and are so comfy but still cute - perfect for lockdown evenings. Do you like these pjammas - where is your favourite place to buy comfy pjs from?


Thank you so much for reading! I hope this post gives you some outfit inspiration!

Follow me on Instagram to see more of my outfits - @emmapavier

Follow me on 21 Buttons to shop my outfits I've linked these on there!! - @emmapavier 

Disclaimer - (21 Buttons is a social network and fashion network which allows influencers to share shoppable photos of their outfits) have linked all of the clothes I'm wearing and you can shop directly from my photo by clicking on the button of the item you like! This does not affect the way you shop apart from making it easier. However, if you do choose to purchase through my photo you will be supporting me and I may earn a small % for my recommendation. So in advance, I want to say a HUGE thank you if you do and I hope you enjoy the app as much as I am. It's such a great way to discover where the items of your favourite celebrity, youtuber, blogger or friend is wearing!

Love Em oxo

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great blog Emma. Absolutely loved reading this and gettinf some inspiration for myself.
    All the outfits look so beautiful on you, so much so I dont even think I could pick a favourite.

    ❤Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayleigh, hope your well and staying safe! Thank you so much - really pleased you loved this post! I have recently brought a couple more staple A/W items for my wardrobe and will be sure to share them over on my IG story @emmapaver. Love Em oxo

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig