Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Glossybox August 2020 Unboxing | Birthday Edition

Hey lovelies, hope you are all well! In today's post I am going to be unboxing and giving my first impressions of this month's Glossybox - which is SUPER exciting as it is the BIRTHDAY EDITION. It is Glossybox's 9th birthday and it says there are lot's of surprises to celebrate. I think this is the box I've been most excited to receive since Christmas! First up, let's talk about the unreal and beautiful birthday packaging! Glossybox are so extra and I love it! The box is a fuchsia pink with a huge and amazing bow. The attention to detail is always second to none. And the most exciting news *drum roll* we are the FIRST to try out Glossybox's NEWLY-LAUNCHED SKINCARE RANGE!!! What?! This is SO exciting I did not expect that at all, and the product we have got to try and test is... their indulgent Eye Boost Cream - I cannot wait to try this and give share my thoughts!




Eye Boost Cream by GlossyBox Skincare | RRP £20

Firstly - a huge congratulations to GlossyBox on the launch of their Skincare Range, in our leaflet which gives us more information about each product, and a sneak peak for the following month's box (which also looks amazing by the way) we have a 3 page spread explaining all about the range. They share with us that; all their products are vegan, cruelty free and formulated without any nasties - using the best ingredients! And not only that, they are eco-friendly and at least 87% natural, the packaging is made out of 100% recyclable sugarcane (where possible) and the products are all available to order on their website! The leaflet shares that they have 10 skincare products releasing - creams, cleansers, moisturisers, serums, scrubs and more! Something for everyone and the packaging of them all are SO CUTE. Okay, so, now let's talk about the product we received - the eye boost cream. It says that this indulgent formula blends elderflower, eyebright and red seaweed extract to reduce the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and puffiness, and to refresh tired-looking eyes. This is light weight and fast-absorbing formula which I LOVE as there is nothing worse than applying a cream and waiting ages to apply your makeup afterwards. The packaging is amazing, a pink squeezy tube with 15ml of product and the texture of the packaging is matte! I have tested this product once as I'm writing this and it feels super hydrating, easy to blend, fast absorbing and instantly makes the under eye area look brighter!





Demi Matte Cream Lipstick by Huda Beauty | RRP £18

I am always excited when the boxes feature a product by the brand Huda Beauty, as it's a new brand to me - and I love the products I've tried from them so far. So, GlossyBox has said it's not a Glossy party without Huda Beauty so let's take a look at what we've got. This creamy lipstick is highly-pigmented and glides
effortlessly onto your lips and adding an intense colour! It then dries to a satin finish, creating a sheen on your lips and enhances your natural lip shape. You could receive one of 10 shades, which is also exciting to see which one you get and it's a great chance with these monthly boxes to try new products and discover new brands too. The one I received is a full-sized lipstick in shade Sheikha which is a mauve colour and after one layer looks absolutely amazing too. This lipstick retails for £18 and again, has lovely packaging too.




HD Wonder Complexion Sponge by BrushWorks | RRP £5.49

Next up to celebrate Glossybox's birthday they are giving us the tools to create the ultimate party look with a 3-in-1 makeup sponge! This sponge is perfect for applying foundation, concealer, contour and highlighter - it says we can use the rounded side to cover large areas so for foundation and contour, and then the flat side to cover imperfections and the tip to reach smaller areas with precision. I have a few beauty blender sponges now - so I'm excited to try this one and see how it compares, I don't think you can ever have enough makeup sponges as they work so well and I always have one in my makeup bag. This is another full sized product in this month's box and retails are £5.49 which I think is a really good price too!





Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Bath & Shower Gel by Molton Brown | RRP £7.33 (deluxe mini)

I love that with GlossyBox we don't just get beauty products, we also get to try haircare, skincare and also body products too. The next product I unboxed was the Rhubarb & Rose bath and shower gel by Molton Brown. This is a brand I have tried a few times before and have certainly enjoyed their range of products that I've tried! GlossyBox have said they want us to feel like royalty on their birthday, so the British Royal Warrant holders Molton Brown's indulgent shower gel which boasts a luscious blend of rhubarb leaf, rose and zesty grapefruit that smells divine!! This is a deluxe mini product (100ml) and is worth £7.33 - the full size is 300ml with an RRP of £22. I will be taking this when I next go away as it's the perfect size for travelling.






Vogue Lip Liner by Steve Laurant | RRP £12.09


And last, but not least we have a vogue lip liner by Steve Laurant. This brand has been featured in a few of the previous Glossybox's and I really like their makeup range. I absolutely love lipliners - although, I do currently get most of mine from MAC, I'm excited to try this one too and see what I think of it. The reasoning GlossyBox gave with including this product was wanting us to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about having to keep touching up your makeup - which is a reason why I love using lipliners. It says, this magical lip pencil is completely waterproof - how amazing! and it doesn't transfer or bleed throughout the day and lasts up to 7 hours - WOW... that sounds brilliant!!! This is another full size product, so in total in the August GlossyBox we have received 4 full sized products and one deluxe mini and this product is worth £12.09 which is really reasonable for a good quality lipliner!






Thank you so much for reading - I hope you enjoyed seeing what's included in the August GlossyBox for their Birthday Edition! Overall, I think this is a lovely box - with a good mixture of makeup, skincare and body products. Now, for the part you are all waiting for - the total contents this box is came too is... £62.91!!! These boxes are such good value for money and a great way to discover new brands and products. I'm really pleased with this month's box! Which product was your favourite? I do have a 20% referral code if you'd like to use if you want to subscribe to Glossybox and save some £ on your first box - pop me a DM on Instagram if you'd like the code and give me a follow too. Contact me on Instagram here.


Thank you for reading!
Love Em oxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig