Beauty | Fashion | Fitness | Lifestyle

Sunday 12 July 2020

Glossybox May & June 2020 Unboxing

Hey everyone! Hope your well and staying safe. In today's post I will be catching up with you all about May & June's glossybox as I have not shared these yet or my review. I recently recieved the July Glossybox so that post will be up in a couple of days. I'm thinking my next few posts to be some new clothing hauls as well as showing my hair transformation in August, and possibly sharing my current favourite haircare, skincare and make-up products if you'd be interested in reading those posts? If so let me know either on Instagram or in the comment section below.






Let's start with looking at the May Glossybox. This was the explore your WILD SIDE box. I received their Leopard 'Wild Thing' edit which features FIVE full size products - how amazing?!



Eyeshadow Palette by Steve Laurant | RRP £31
If there's one make-up product I don't think you can have enough of, it's eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes! This one has some lovely shades perfect for daytime and evening looks. They are creamy and intense shades, the silky-smooth pigments mean they glide effortlessly onto your lid and the colours are incredible! So pigmented aswell. I love the size of this palette too, perfect to pop makeup bag and take travelling to. I know I'll get a lot of use out of this palette - be sure to follow me over on Instagram to see!


Sphere Lip Balm by EOS | RRP £6.50
I feel everyone has owned or wanted an EOS lip balm in their lifetime, I remember growing up and watching all of the make up collections everyone had one! The lip balms are absolutely amazing and have the cutest packaging too! Have you tried theirs before?


SOS Printed Sheet Mask by OH KI | £4
Next up was a sheet mask from OH KI! I love sheet masks, I find them so hydrating and leave your skin with a lovely glow so I was happy to see one of these in the box. This sheet mask is filled with skin-loving ingredients like tea tree, witch hazel, willow bark and charcoal powder which work to calm, tone and balance your skin for a clearer and healthier-looking complexion. How good does this sound!


Hair Mask, Scalp Treatment & Miracle Shampoo by MudMasky | RRP £21
We also received a hair product, I love how Glossybox give such a great variety of products within their boxes of makeup, skincare and haircare! I have tried a few products from the Mudmasky range and really like them. This product is to tame dry, damaged and frizzy mane with their newly launched 3-in-1 haircare treatment. I love a multi-purpose product! This is formulated with Moroccan argan oil, Moroccan mud and flowers, it says it firstly moisturises the skin on your scalp, then repairs, hydrates and strengthens your tresses. I cannot wait to give this a go for a couple of week and let you know my thoughts!


Kiss Proof Lip Crème in Incognito | RRP £15
And last but not least, we have a lip crème! This is a full coverage, high-impact lip crème that boasts a smooth formula that glides effortlessly onto your pout, and dries to a beautiful matte finish. I personally love a matte lip - although I currently use a lipliner and lipbalm combo I'm excited to try this out as the shade is lovely! It says to use the applicator tip to line your lips, then apply a smooth, thin layer to fill them.




The contents of the May box came to £77.50 which is incredible value for money! I know I say this every time, but I love these monthly Glossybox's as it's a great chance to try products from a variety of different brands, especially this month all products were FULL-SIZE too. I'm so excited to share what's inside the June and July boxes you'll love them.


Next up is the June Glossybox - last month's box was absolutely beautiful and I loved all of the items. This was the World of Beauty edit, hailing products from LA, Dubai and Australia the June edit features 5 beauty essentials from far and wide - allowing us to explore an unrivalled variety of makeup and skincare products from across the globe! The packaging of this month's box has been my favourite so far (and I've been a subscriber of Glossybox since the start of the year so have seen quite a few of their boxes/edits already!)

Life-Liner - Very Vanta by Huda Beauty | RRP £18
I have heard such amazing reviews about products from Huda Beauty so you can imagine how excited I was to see a product from their range featured in the June Glossybox. This is a dual-ended eyeliner which boasts a liquid liner on one end, and a creamy pencil on the other to help us achieve the ultimate eye look. I cannot wait to give this a go! I have swatched it and it's amazing! And... they are both WATERPROOF and SMUDGEPROOF (which is great to know, as I'm still a beginner with using eyeliner I tend to only use eyeshadow) and it says they are really long-lasting too. How good does this sound?

Makeup Removing Cloths by The Vintage Cosmetic Company | RRP £7.99
Next up, was a makeup removing cloth... have you ever tried something like this before? I haven't (also - I'm thinking about doing a Skincare Routine blog post as I've got a routine now with a range of products that I love and I'm really happy with how my skin is looking! So if you'd like this post, do let me know!) This says it was inspired by the elegant style of the 1950s British brand The Vintage Cosmetic Company brings you an eco-friendly, reusable makeup removing cloth that cleanses and exfoliates your skin! I have tried this and it was such a cool concept, it did take my makeup off well and I loved how it felt on my skin! This would be perfect to use if you wanted to take your makeup off quickly... I do have a staple skincare product I use twice a day which I'll share soon, but this was lovely to try too!

Brush Set by LaSplash Cosmetics | RRP £15
We received two brushes in the June Glossybox too which was a lovely surprise - I am always keen to try new makeup brushes, I have quite a few already but it's great to test some from different brands. It says to use the fluffy one to apply, blend and build your eyeshadow, then use the densely packed angled one to sweep on eyeliner or smudge out your waterline, I'm excited to give these a go and see what I think!

Liquid Metal Eyeshadow by ModelCo | RRP £15
To continue with the makeup theme... to use our new eyeshadow brushes, we have a liquid metal eyeshadow. This is a creamy liquid eyeshadow which boasts a highly-pigmented formula that will coat your eyelids in an iridescent, sparkly glow... how perfect for an evening look! It says to use the cushioned top to apply it across your lash line and create a precise winged eye, or you can sweep across your whole lid and blend it out for an all-over glittery effect. Which way would you wear this? I like the idea of using it across your lash line as eyeliner!

Guardian Angel Eye Mask by Beautanio Beauty | RRP £5
The last product in the June box is certainly one of my favourites. Recently I have loved using sheet masks for the face and under eye area. I find them so nourishing and hydrating on the skin and absolutely love the glow they leave. I am so excited to try this one out as I've not tried anything from this brand before - see, another perk of these boxes is trying new brands! This is a plant-based, cruelty-free and natural skincare brand - it says they are infused with green tea, hyaluronic acid, cucumber and rose extract and they will help to soothe and brighten tired-looking eyes. I will keep you updated with my thoughts on these!





How beautiful is the packaging and style of the World of Beauty box? I love the effort that Glossybox go in to creating and designing the boxes - I'm always excited to receive mine! The total contents of this box came to £60.99 - again amazing value for money! I do have a 20% referral code if you'd like to use if you want to subscribe to Glossybox and save some £ on your first box - pop me a DM on Instagram if you'd like the code and give me a follow too. Click here to follow me on Instagram.

Thank you so much for reading! I'll see you in my next post for the July Glossybox 2020 unboxing. Take Care and Stay Safe.

Love Em oxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig